I boarded the “Ten Things Tuesday” train with not a little help from aloted. She directed me back to the originator , Jill Brownstone and I have tried to follow her guidelines as much as possible.
I had already decided that this year I would be more thankful and what better way than to deliberately find 10 things to be grateful for each week?
NB: I know it’s Wednesday but I started writing this yesterday (Tuesday) but couldn’t post it.
1 – Since P. and I got married, we’ve lived and worked in different cities and the longest amount of time we’ve ever stayed together in the same city is 2weeks at a time. However throughout the holidays up until now, we’ve spent 6weeks straight together! It’s been glorious and I am truly thankful for this.
2. I returned to work this year to find that my job description had changed. The head of my discipline had been moved to a management position and I was moved up to take his place as lead. Even though this promotion is yet to translate to increased benefits, I’m grateful to God for the opportunity it provides. Promotion does come only from God!
3. P.’s phone got stolen 2 days ago. An annoying and inconveniencing development but I’m grateful that even though his wallet was in the same pocket as his phone, it wasn’t taken. His wallet contains much more valuable stuff (apart from money) than the phone. Thank God.
4. I got a call from a close friend of mine yesterday. She and her husband have been trying to have a baby for quite a while now and she broke the good news to me – they’re expecting a baby! God is great!
5. This year for P. is supposed to be one of upgrading himself in his career by becoming a certified project management professional. Part of the process includes attending lectures and seminars which cost huge sums of money. He has got the opportunity to have most of this training done at no cost to him. Awesome!
6. This month’s daily devotion has been an exposé on faith and I am deeply thankful to God for His Word. How could I even live without it? Thank you!
7. Two days ago we were at my brother-in-law’s place and there was talk about a family that had just been thrown out of their house. Very touching and humbling but it made me even more grateful that we live in our own place. It’s still under construction but at least we have a roof over our heads and we never have to pay rent.
8. Just this morning I saw my name short listed to take a scholarship application exam. I am glad I made it through the first hurdle!
9. P. got paid yesterday for a job he’d done almost 5 months ago! It was an unexpected blessing. Thank you Lord!
10. I'm thankful that I am alive today!
So what are you thankful for?
I have been tagged by olufunke in the 2 truths, 1 lie meme. I'm still thinking it through. i should start on that soon enough!