I've not forgotten to be thankful. I have just been too lazy to blog about them. I think thanksgiving is not just the act of listing out all the things that we are thankful for. I'm beginning to recognize it as a state of heart. I said heart and not mind because they are two different things entirely.
Our mind is where we have our thoughts and emotions and they are constantly being battered by external circumstances. Circumstances that make us feel there's not much to be grateful for.
Our hearts however are deeper. It's that part of us, our spirits, that's in touch with our heavenly Father. That part that still trusts him. That part that knows beyond all doubt that everything's going to be okay even in the midst of turbulent waters.
Can I get a witness?! Yeah!
So I'm thankful...
- For the life that I have been given. I have been favored beyond measure.
- For the successful hosting of our in-laws, friends and family at my sister's traditional wedding.
- For the prompt intervention of medical personnel when my little sister found she had difficulty in breathing.
- For the peaceful resolution of issues I had with my insurance company. Even though I'm paying more than I initially thought was due, they've helped me structure it in such a way that it's not too much of a burden.
- For the safe delivery of my best friend's baby. It was swift and a lot easier than she'd anticipated!
- For my new healthy eating and daily exercise habit. I intend to keep it up!
- For P. who developed a really bad cough recently but who is getting better.
- For God's word, it lights up my path in life and gives me hope when I can't seem to see the horizon.
- For a new friend I just made on blogville. Thanks for the privilege!
- For my mom. She's the greatest ever!!